T20 Cricket | England v India | Preview and Odds

England produced the thrashings of all thrashings in the one-day international series against Australia as they whitewashed the visitors from Down Under 5-0 to wipe away the memories of the recent test series defeat to Pakistan.

Now it’s the turn of the T20 format and if England’s form is anything to go by in the shortened form of the game, then we could be in for an interesting afternoon at Old Trafford tomorrow.

Our cricket expert picks out the best cricket bets ahead of the contest

England to topple second-ranked side?

England may be top of the ICC one-day international rankings, but they are some way off top spot in this format, currently sitting back in fourth.

Tomorrow’s opponents only trail Pakistan in the rankings and are a force to be reckoned with in any form of the game.

Eoin Morgan’s side are on a crest of a wave at the moment though having dismantled the Australians with the minimum of fuss in the 50-over format, and you could hardly be surprised if they pick up another win in Manchester, which can be backed at 4/6.

Never underestimate India

India come into tomorrow’s match in top form having comfortably defeated Ireland by 143 runs to secure a 2-0 series whitewash over the Green and Whites.

They smashed over 200 runs in each match, the first time they have passed that total in consecutive matches in the shortest format.

In the second contest they recorded their biggest ever T20 victory as well after bowling Ireland out for just 73, thanks to KL Rahul and Suresh Raina who hit 70 and 69 runs respectively.

Despite that form, they are the outsiders in this contest, and can be backed at 11/10  to win with grosvenorsport.com

Runs aplenty

With the form of both countries over the shortened format, we should be in for a cracker of a contest at Old Trafford and I imagine it will be a complete run fest, much to the annoyance of all the bowlers in Manchester.

Both sides have plenty of firepower in their batting line-ups and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from either side hit an individual century and at 11/2 that looks like a great bet to me.

While I would love to be patriotic and go for an England win, it is simply too short pricewise for me, and I would hedge my bets and go for an India win at 11/10 as well.

Comments

comments

Posted

in

, ,

by

Comments

Leave a Reply