Grosvenor Casinos’ Luck Squads will be out in force on 17 February offering random acts of kindness
Friday 17th February, otherwise known as Random Acts of Kindness Day, celebrates and promotes the good deeds people do for others. We have conducted a UK-wide survey which reveals that it’s the small things in life that matter, including holding a door open for a stranger, or being offered an umbrella in the rain.
Top Five Random Acts of Kindness That Brits Appreciate
When quizzed for their top preference, people said that their ideal random act of kindness would be:
1. Surprise them with the gift of money (38% of Brits would be thrilled to get a little money)
2. Make time for your loved ones (32% of Brits say spending time with family and friends would raise their spirits)
3. Give your staff the day off (17% of Brits say taking the day off work is the best way to give them some cheer)
4. Say something complimentary (5% of Brits say something as small as a compliment will boost their mood)
5. Chivalry rules (5% of Brits say a door being held open for them would make their day)
We’re a caring nation of Brits, where 68% of people would hold a door open for someone and 44% would buy a stranger a coffee. But there is a split amongst the sexes; where men will pay money to show kindness, women will make the effort go out of their way.
Nearly half of UK men would buy a stranger a coffee or pay for their travel to work. Women are more likely to show gestures of kindness, like holding open a door and offering strangers an umbrella in the rain (42%).
The new survey also reveals that 12% of Brits would like to receive a bouquet of flowers and 10% would like a stranger to offer them a seat on their commute.
The survey results from 2,000 participants across the UK revealed the many ways to make your fellow Brits’ day on Random Acts of Kindness Day. Carrying on the goodwill, we’ll be out and about around London Euston Station, Birmingham Bull Ring and Glasgow Central Station on Friday 17 February between 7am and 1pm, for the annual Random Acts of Kindness Day.
With the Grosvenor Casinos Luck Squad in each city, we will be offering random acts of kindness to all we see – from complimentary coffees, travel passes, flowers, free dinners for yourself and a friend and the opportunity to try your luck with a free Grosvenor Casinos game!
Image credits: Shutterstock (Shutterstock Standard licence)